Finally a laptop lojack system that is free for personal use and inexpesive for businesses.
No matter if you have one laptop or a thousand, our system allows you to quickly and easily track your computers across the globe. In the event that one of your computers is stolen, Laptop Locator allows you to create reports that will help you and law enforcement find it.
Some of the features include:
Easily track as many computers as needed.
Detailed records showing a history of where each computer has been.
Map displays locations of computers to the nearest city.
Create reports to to assist in recovering your computer.
All that is required is your laptoplocator.net account and password.
» version 1.3 - posted on 2010-09-04
» version 1.1 - posted on 2010-04-25
Software License Agreement for LaptopLocator.net
IMPORTANT- PLEASE READ CAREFULLY: BY USING THIS WEB SITE OR ANY SOFTWARE ASSOCIATED WITH IT, YOU (EITHER ON BEHALF OF YOURSELF AS AN INDIVIDUAL OR ON BEHALF OF AN ENTITY AS ITS AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE) AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT (''AGREEMENT'') REGARDING YOUR USE OF THE SOFTWARE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, UNINSTALL ALL ASSOCIATED SOFTWARE AND CANCEL YOUR ACCOUNT.
1. GRANT OF LICENSE: Subject to the terms below, Laptop Locator LLC hereby grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable license to install and to use Laptop Locator (''Software''). Under this license, you may: (i)personal accounts may install and use the Software on a single computer for your personal use, business accounts may install the software on a predefined number of computers based on your account subscription, (ii) copy the Software for back-up or archival purposes. (iii)You may not distribute the software to others without first obtaining the required licenses, where applicable.
Whether you are licensing the Software as an individual or on behalf of an entity, you may not: (i) reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Software or attempt to discover the source code; (ii) modify, or create derivative works based upon, the Software in whole or in part without the express written consent of Laptop Locator LLC; (iii) distribute copies of the Software; (iv) remove any proprietary notices or labels on the Software; (v) resell, lease, rent, transfer, sublicense, or otherwise transfer rights to the Software.
2. TITLE: You acknowledge that no title to the intellectual property in the Software is transferred to you. Title, ownership, rights, and intellectual property rights in and to the Software shall remain that of Laptop Locator LLC . The Software is protected by copyright and patent laws of the United States and international treaties.
3. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY: YOU AGREE THAT Laptop Locator LLC HAS MADE NO EXPRESS WARRANTIES, ORAL OR WRITTEN, TO YOU REGARDING THE PRODUCTS AND THAT THE PRODUCTS ARE BEING PROVIDED TO YOU ''AS IS'' WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. Laptop Locator LLC DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESSED, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY. YOUR RIGHTS MAY VARY DEPENDING ON THE STATE IN WHICH YOU LIVE. Laptop Locator LLC SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, COVER, RELIANCE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE USE OF THIS PRODUCT.
5. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: You use this program solely at your own risk. We claim no warranty or guarantee to safety or recovery of your property of any of your data. IN NO EVENT SHALL Laptop Locator LLC BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY LOSS, OR OTHER INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF Laptop Locator LLC HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT WILL Laptop Locator LLC BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY, EXCEED THE COST OF THE SOFTWARE. THIS LIMITATION SHALL APPLY TO CLAIMS OF PERSONAL INJURY TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
6. TERMINATION: This Agreement shall terminate automatically if you fail to comply with the limitations described in this Agreement. No notice shall be required to effectuate such termination. Upon termination, you must remove and destroy all copies of the Software.
In the event of invalidity of any provision of this Agreement, the parties agree that such invalidity shall not affect the validity of the remaining portions of this Agreement.
You agree that this is the entire agreement between you and Laptop Locator LLC, which supersedes any prior agreement, whether written or oral, and all other communications between Laptop Locator LLC and you relating to the subject matter of this Agreement.
Reservation of rights.
All rights not expressly granted in this Agreement are reserved by Laptop Locator LLC.
8. DATA USAGE:
We reserve the right to use any data collected by this web site and all associated software as we deem necessary. This includes but is not limited to email addresses, ip addresses, and all other personal data.